Bathroom Accessories & Furniture! List of things in the bathroom with pictures and examples. When it comes to speaking about things around the house, one of the most important parts of this is to learn vocabulary which is related to the bathroom. This can prove very useful when staying in a hotel in an English speaking country, for example, when you might need to ask for bathroom supplies or talk about something that needs fixing in the bathroom. It can also be useful for around the home if you are living the native English speakers, as well as giving you the ability to talk about and describe your own bathroom.
In this section, you will be learning a variety of words which will build your bathroom vocabulary.
A bathroom is a room in the home for personal hygiene activities, generally containing a sink and either a bathtub, a shower, or both. In some countries, the toilet is included in this room, for ease of plumbing, whereas other cultures consider this insanitary, and give that fixture a room of its own.
Bathroom Accessories & Furniture
- Measuring jug
- Clothes peg (U.K)/ Clothespin (U.S)
- Hair dryer
- Toilet paper
- Laundry detergent
- Soapy water
- Washing powder (U.K)/ Detergent (U.S)
- Trash bag
- Trash can
- Washing machine
- Laundry basket
- Electric razor
- Shaving cream
- Hair brush
- Bath toys
- Bath mat
Learn these bathroom vocabulary words to improve your English.
Bathroom Accessories & Furniture Image
Bathroom Vocabulary Words with Pictures
One particularly useful situation to be able to refer to items which can be found in a bathroom might be when staying in an English speaking hotel. Perhaps you have run out of a certain bathroom item and require a new one or maybe there is a problem with one of the items of bathroom furniture.
Knowing words which are related to the bathroom can not only massively grow your vocabulary but is also a great way to get yourself sounding more like a native English speaker.
– Put sugar and coffee granules in a measuring jug.
– He squeezed the last bit toothpaste out.
– He put his toothbrush down and rinsed his mouth out.
– There’s no soap in the bathroom!
Clothes peg (U.K)/ Clothespin (U.S)
– He snored so loud we had to stop him, so we put a clothes peg on his nose.
– I hung my coat up on a hanger.
– Can I borrow a hair dryer?
– What kind of shampoo do you use?
– She loved the scent in the house of wax polish.
– She used the soap, but not the scrubbing brush.
– He asked me to get some toilet paper.
– Hang your towel on that hook.
– I hung the T-shirt on the clothesline to air them out.
– I’m going to take a shower.
– I need to clean the bathtub.
– I ran to the store to buy some laundry detergent.
– I filled the bucket with water.
– She bought a new white mop.
– Lisa tossed Giddon a towel and plunged her hands into the soapy water in the sink.
Washing powder (U.K)/ Detergent (U.S)
– The washing powder bleached my sweater.
– There was a trash bag down on the ground.
– I’m sorry but I couldn’t find a trash can.
– She filled the sink with hot water.
– I need to go to the toilet.
– I often run the washing machine more than once a day.
– He takes the laundry to the laundry basket.
– I forgot to pack my razor.
– I want to buy an electric razor this weekend.
– I presented him with a tube of shaving cream.
– I use a mouthwash to keep my breath fresh.
– She had cleaned under her fingernails, twirled the wax out of her ears with a Q-tip.
– Your hair brush is too spiky for me.
– We use a comb to tidy our hair.
– I use cleanser on my face every night.
– I weighed myself on the bathroom scale.
– She handed me a tissue just as I sneezed.
– The children were wrangling over the new bath toys.
– When I turn a faucet on, water comes out of my shower.
– She was looking at her reflection in the mirror.
– My mother cleans the bath mat every week.
Bathroom Accessories & Furniture | Images
Bathroom Vocabulary Image 1
Bathroom Vocabulary Image 2
Tools and Equipment Vocabulary
List of tools & equipment classified by different categories.
Household items list:
- List of kitchen utensils and kitchen tools with pictures.
- Household tools, devices and equipment in English.
- Household appliances vocabulary words list.
- Household cleaning supplies in English.
Other tools, devices, appliances and equipment:
- List of tech gadgets in English.
- Laboratory equipment with pictures.
- List of musical instruments in English.
- Photography vocabulary words list.
- List of stationery items and office supplies in English.
- List of tools with pictures.
- Gardening tools vocabulary words list.
Bathroom Vocabulary Video
Bathroom words video with American English pronunciation.
Please put sound to each word it would be better,thanks in advance